I’ve designed the Killer Jazz Vibes Course for drummers, classical percussionists, or any musicians who have some musical experience, but have never really learned how to improvise.
It will give you a strong foundation in the fundamentals of jazz harmony, as well as jazz and blues language for improvisation.
This is NOT one of those “learn to play in 5 minutes” courses! Playing jazz is like learning a language – it takes work and regular practice! BUT, you should look at is as a fun adventure, and not some slog that is all work and no play. “Play” is the most important part, actually.
Playing jazz is not easy. You can learn and get better as long as you set yourself up for success. I’ve designed this course to give you a series of clear cut, achievable goals, along with stepping stones for how to reach them.
I want you to have fun learning these songs! Fun songs, cool riffs, clear presentation.
4 Mallets NOT Required!
You can play 99% of the lessons in “Killer Jazz Vibes Course” with two mallets. The only 4 mallet material consists of basic chord voicings and comping. It’s up to you to decide if you want to play with two or four.
What will I learn in this course?
- You will be able to perform four jazz tunes with improvisation at the end of this course! Give your friends a house concert!
- The jazz songs are original compositions of mine. Each one is based on a famous jazz progression so you can apply the lessons elsewhere (Alligator Bogaloo, Summertime & Take The A-Train).
- How to solo using chord tones, pentatonics, blues riffs, and scale runs
- How to improvise with a plan
- Basics (the 12 scales, 5 most common 7th chord types, and ii-V-I progressions)
What comes with the course?
- 14 MP3 Play-Along tracks to download and use for practicing.
- PDF Book to download – with 4 original songs, 19 exercises, 21 solo etudes and 21 solo transcriptions (47 pages).
- 38 Video Lessons with overhead camera angles and on-screen music notation (More than 2.5 hours of content)
Are there sample lessons available?
Yes! Absolutely. You will find several lessons below that are open for you to check out and get a sense of how the course works. If you have any questions, you can always contact me!
Can I Get Feedback On My Progress?
For each song in this course, you can send me a recording and I will get back to you with my thoughts and specific suggestions for practicing. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
This Course includes:
- PDF book (47 pages)
- 38 video lessons (More than 3 hours of HD video content) featuring the overhead vibraphone camera angle and live musical notation scrolling.
- 14 MP3 Backing tracks.
- The 4 jazz tunes in this course are original compositions, but they are in the style of classic jazz standards like "Summertime", "Take The A-Train" and blues forms like "Alligator Bogaloo" (one in C major, another in G minor).
- 19 2-Mallet Technical Exercises
- 21 Solo Etude Lessons
- 21 Transcriptions of solos, based on each of the etudes.