Hello! I’m a jazz vibraphonist from New York, currently living in Munich, Germany. I teach at the Universität für Musik und Darstellende Künst in Vienna (Austria), the Bavarian International School (Munich), and the Neue Jazz School (Munich).
Want to learn how to play jazz vibes? I’ve made many video lessons for vibraphone, along with a PDF book that you can find in my store.
*NEW* Jazz Vibraphone Courses!
Featured Jazz Vibraphone Lessons:
- 15 Killer FOUR MALLET Riffs for vibraphone!
- Blues With Pentatonics
- 22 Ways To Practice Scales Creatively
- 12 Bebop ii-V-I lines
- 12 Variations on a Milt Jackson Riff
- Turning Scales Into Melody
- 10 Killer Blues Riffs
- 8 Afro-Cuban Montunos for Vibes
- ii-V-I chord voicing in all 12 keys
- Upper Structure ii-V-I chord voicing in all 12 keys
- 15 Ways To Embellish the melody and STILL SOUND GOOD!
- How To Harmonize a Melody on Vibraphone
Jazz Theory Lessons:
- The Bebop CHAIN Method
- Play better rhythm in your solos by using these tips!
- What Is The Bebop Scale?
- Advanced Level Pentatonics
- Crazy Ways To Practice With a Metronome
Jazz Vibraphone Transcriptions:
- Herbie Hancock’s “Watermelon Man” piano solo
- Gary Burton “Armando’s Rhumba”
- Milt Jackson “Dorothy”
- Victor Feldman “Flamingo”
Jazz Improvisation Lessons based on Standards:
- 4 Ways To Play Rhythm Changes
- Autumn Leaves in 5 Levels
- All The Things You Are in 3 Levels
- Nardis in 7 Levels
- Blue Bossa in 4 Levels
- Night In Tunisia
Jazz Vibraphone Etudes based on Standards:
- Beautiful Love
- Falling Grace
- Take The A Train
- Autumn Leaves
- Someday My Prince Will Come
- The Days Of Wine and Roses
- There Is No Greater Love
- Scrapple From the Apple
- Black Orpheus
- Lullaby Of Birdland
- Nica’s Dream
- It Could Happen To You
- Softly As In A Morning Sunrise
- Georgia On My Mind
- Lady Bird
- Satin Doll
- Cantaloupe Island