The ‘Killer Jazz Vibes Book’ by Tim Collins
If you are looking for etudes to play, bebop language to analyze, and an endless source of practice material that is musical, fun and challenging, this is the book for you! I’ve compiled everything into one book and IT’S 148 PAGES OF VIBRAPHONE AWESOMENESS!!!
NOTE: The full list of what is included is below. Every single etude has a YouTube video on my channel.
After the purchase, you will receive an email with the download links for the book, which is split into 3 PDF files. I will also mostly likely send you a personal thank you note!
Please note, these are only solo etudes and not the original melodies for these songs!
- “1 Melody, 12 Keys” – Lydian Dominant, Altered Dominant, Dorian, Major 7th, Bluesy Pentatonic, Octatonic
- 22 Ways To Practice Scales Creatively
- 2-5-1 Bebop lines in a major key
- 2-5-1 Simple Chord Voicings for Jazz Vibes
- 2-5-1 Upper Structure Voicings
- 4 Ways To Play Rhythm Changes
- 8 Afro-Cuban Montunos
- 10 Killer Blues Riffs
- All The Things You Are
- Angel Eyes (comping etude)
- Autumn Leaves
- Bayern Big Shot (Comping Etude)
- Beautiful Love
- Black Orpheus (“A Day At The Pool”)
- Blue Bossa
- Blues With Pentatonics
- Cantaloupe Island
- Falling Grace
- Georgia (On My Mind)
- I Fall In Love Too Easily
- It Could Happen To You
- Lady Bird
- Lull Those Birds (Lullabye of Birdland)
- Nica’s Dream (Niece’s Dreaming)
- Satin Doll
- Scrapple From The Apple
- Someday My Prince Will Come
- Spain etude “Barcelona”
- Softly As In A Morning Sunrise
- Take The “A” Train
- Trafalgar (Comping Etude)
- Turning Scales Into Melody (How To Use Voice Leading)
- Watermelon Man (Herbie Hancock transcription)
As always, you can contact me with any questions!